Skip to Content
Care and Cleaning Instructions for 3M™ Window Films
- Care must be taken not to scratch the film, do not use bristle brushes or abrasive cleaning materials.
- Common window cleaning solutions, such as Windex, are Recommended.
- A soft cloth or clean synthetic sponge is recommended for washing. Do not use the same towel or sponge for wiping sills or frames. Paper towels or newspapers not recommended.
- A soft squeegee is recommended for removal of cleaning solution from the film.
- Do not apply heavy pressure in any cleaning operation.
- Additional caution is recommended when cleaning spliced areas. Clean in the direction of the splice.
- Do not leave the film wet.
- Make sure you use a different sponge, cleaning cloth and water bucket for cleaning the outside and the inside of the windows.
Back to top